Insulated Concrete Form - ICF Sustainable Construction Technology
What is it??
• There are many forms of Insulated Concrete Form technology used today as a building material. The best from a Remus perspective is NEOPOR created by the German Multi National BASF.
• Neopor Blocks can be used as a building integrated material with significant insulation characteristics.
• Considered the BENCHMARK in ICF technology today and used commonly across EU and the USA
• The benefits are numerous:-
• Excellent cost-benefit ratio
• Eco - efficiency; good for budgets and the environment
• Successfully used in numerous reference projects today
• Thinner boards allowing more flexible planning and design
• Wide range of construction applications and possibilities
How is it Made??
• Neopor is produced in the form of grey plastic beads, which is then run through a production process and converted into boards and specially shaped elements.
• Steam is applied to the foam, the raw material, causing its volume to swell by up to a factor of 50.
• The foam beads are fused by applying heat in special moulds to make blocks, boards or shaped elements
• After undergoing this process products made by Neopor can consist of up to 98% air. The good insulating properties of air contribute to the outstanding insulation characteristics of Neopor.
• It takes energy to produce building blocks from Neopor, but this is offset many times over during the products service life by reducing the amount of energy needed to heat buildings which are constructed with it.
• The outstanding ICF technology for building and construction offered by Neopor comes with the warranty of the high safety standards and R&D infrastructure of BASF.
• Remus establishes production plants locally for each construction project of scale so that the blocks required are produced in time to maximise speed of deployment of the project.
What does it look like??
How does it work??
How do we build structures using ICF??
Remus Construction Guarantees
• All structures built by Remus are to British Building Standards and come with a 10 Year structural integrity guarantee.
• Through the use of Neopor Technology Remus is able to reduce the time to deliver projects by up to 60% when compared to the use of traditional building methods and materials.
• Through the use of Neopor Technology Remus is able to reduce the cost of construction by up to 30% when compared to the use of traditional building methods and materials.
• Through the use of Neopor Technology and leveraging its insulation characteristics can reduce heating costs for any standard structure by up to 20%
• Remus ONLY works on large scale projects which justify the implementation of a local production plant for the production of Neopor blocks to use on multiple sites.